The Better Side Of Commerce Stream

I still remember when I opted for commerce in my graduation, how clueless I was. I did not have a commerce background in school and landed up in college without a speck of knowledge about commerce.

The terms ‘Private equity’, ‘ Balance statements’, ‘Mutual funds’, ‘Liabilities and assets’ take a toll on me and for months together I had to figure out what they meant. I gradually got the hang of it and started to take a liking towards the subject. When the initial animosity calmed down, I began to take interest in the wide avenues of this field. It was my father’s decision to admit me in a B.Com college as he didn’t want me to go ahead with arts. Stereotypical indeed, but now, I thank him for that decision. He recognized the skills in me way before I did and they proved beneficial for me in the long run.

If we go by the current scenario, India Real Estate is a big industry and today, I am a part of it. I am working with a renowned Real Estate company of India and those early days of graduation brings back funny memories when I couldn’t tell private equity from venture capital. Now I know the real estate market by heart as I deal in it on a daily basis. When I look back, I owe my graduation days to what I am now. Don’t know it was my professors or it was the constant pestering of my dad that drove my towards this field of commerce, but whatever it was, it made me fall in love with it.

For all students who are considering taking up commerce in school or in college, you can give it a try. If you are a far sighted and practical person with a knack for finance and business, you would surely excel in this field.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Know About These 4 Points Before Investing In Private Equity

How to prepare a perfect pitching strategy for your equity firm

Types of private equity investments